Skip to main content

Joe Walker's hearing continued to March 9

February 13, 2012

Joe Walker's Feb. 10 hearing in Santa Barbara court was continued to March 9, according to the Santa Barbara District Attorney's office. "The Walker case was continued until March 9 for preliminary hearing setting," Paula Waldman Senior Deputy District Attorney, said on Monday. "There will not be a hearing on this date, simply a court appearance to schedule a later hearing."

Walker, a Mammoth resident, was arrested on Jan. 4 in Mammoth on suspicion of illegal communication with a minor to facilitate sex and was later charged by the Santa Barbara District Attorney's office with several counts of illegal communication with a minor to facilitate sex and a count of a "lewd act" with a minor.

The alleged victim lives in Santa Barbara.

Walker was arrested on the same day as another Mammoth man, Dr. Andrew Bourne, who was later charged with several counts of illegal communication to facilitate sex with the same minor. Bourne committed suicide in January and all charges against him were dropped.

The Santa Barbara District Attorney, Joyce Dudley, said last week that she will amend the complaint against Walker "in the next few weeks."

Connect to Mammoth Times


Like us on Facebook
 
Follow us on Twitter

 

Classified Ads

Custom Search
Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes